Media Acquisition Report
M&A Outlook 2023-25
The purpose of the Media Acquisition Report is to uncover the macro M&A trends among Trade buyers and private equity (PE) firms in the Media sector. The outputs give potential sellers a set of guidelines and benchmarks, and a sense check on acquisition criteria and valuation ranges. The report is presented in partnership with Plural Strategy Group, who have led the section on integration strategies and best practice.
Media valuations have held up well over the last 12 months, with many media businesses displaying strong recurring revenues, macro economic resilience, revenue diversification, scalable models and high margins and cash generation. Added to this the return of live events, and with a continued transition for many businesses to premium omni channel, media neutral models. Combined with a widening buyer pool, this has increased competition for quality assets, also impacting valuations upward.
The report includes insight on:
- How business performance has driven increased market activity
- Market outlook and how M&A strategy is changing
- New acquisition priorities and criteria
- Increasing competition from a widening pool of buyers
- Hot regions, sectors, and business models
- How and why ESG goes to value
- Creating value through successful integration
- Latest valuation ranges and value drivers
To receive a summary copy of the report, please complete the form.
In partnership with: