Collingwood Managing Director of Scaleup Advisory Fergus Gregory and OneNineFive CEO Jordan Adams were delighted to co-host Will Brookes, CEO of Raconteur and Paul Franklin, Ex Publisher/Operations Director B2B Division at Dennis Publishing at this webinar, “2022 Approaches to Content Monetization”.
Here are the key takeaways from the discussion:
- Collingwood Advisory’s recent Media Acquisition Report shows the continued growth in value and desirability of digital marketing services, that Demand Gen is a key growth area of marketing services and so investing in getting it right not only helps you grow, revenues, market share and share of wallet, it also helps add value to your business.
- Be absolutely clear on the difference between lead generation and demand generation
- Be brave with where your brand is going to go. It’s going to have to go to places it’s not been before, you’re syndicating the content.
- Ask your advertisers what they are after. Content syndication helps them reach a bigger audience or connect with their audience in a deeper way.
- Don’t try to build it out alone – talk to people who’ve been there, done that and got the t-shirt.
- Fergus Gregory, Managing Director of Collingwood Scaleup Advisory
- Jordan Adams, CEO of OneNineFive
- Will Brookes, CEO of Raconteur
- Paul Franklin, Ex Publisher/Operations Director B2B Division at Dennis Publishing
Here’s the recording:
Collingwood Advisory’s Sales Strategy and Development programmes are helping media entrepreneurs and their teams to accelerate growth and improve quality of earnings. Book a cup of tea with one of our team to find out more.
Fergus Gregory, Managing Director of Scaleup Advisory, Collingwood Advisory (Co-host)
Fergus is an experienced B2B media business leader who has spent over 15 years in the world of media, subscriptions, and events. He led two major profit centres at Informa, and was responsible for The Drum’s global expansion in his most recent role as Group Commercial Director.
Jordan Adams, CEO, OneNineFive by Agent3 (Co-host)
Jordan is a top-performing sales management, sales operations and business operations specialist with 10 years’ experience demonstrated within the demand generation, telemarketing and business to business sales sectors. An expert in creating and executing b2b sales and lead generation strategies for clients across multiple industries, including global brands.
Will Brookes, CEO, Raconteur
After joining the business in 2011, he went on to run Raconteur’s special reports division for three years before being promoted to managing director in late 2016. Having overseen several years of impressive growth, Will was appointed CEO in early 2021, when he guided the company to an EBITDA figure of more than £2m – the most profitable year in its 13-year history by some distance.
During his tenure, Raconteur has also reduced its historical reliance on print revenue, both by growing its registered audience on raconteur.net and by launching several digital publishing products and services. In 2022, Raconteur won the PPA’s Business Media Brand of the Year award.
Paul Franklin, Ex Publisher/Operations Director B2B Division, Dennis Publishing
With a 20 year career in B2B for the likes of Future, IDG and Dennis Publishing, Paul has witnessed first hand the changes across this landscape.
As Publishing Director for the B2B division he launched, developed, and supercharged Data Driven Services as a key revenue stream framework. Set against declining traditional models of ads and sponsorship, Demand Generation and Digital events offered clients the tangible return on investment the market demanded. With a laser focus on editorially supported data programs, they were able to ensure that audience user-journeys for these campaigns maintained the same levels of editorial excellence they expected.
Latterly, as Operations Director for IT Pro, Paul oversaw Marketing, Ops and Customer Success teams as well as partner networks to ensure the highest levels of service for their clients.
About the hosts
Collingwood Advisory provides value creation and scale-up advice to growing media businesses. The team of senior advisers have decades of experience in media business models and helping Collingwood clients to embed sales strategy and best practice in their businesses to maximise growth and quality of earnings.
Part of the Agent3 family, OneNineFive helps some of the world’s most respected B2B brands build thoughtful demand generation programs that increase account engagement and accelerate pipelines. In short, it connects B2B companies with B2B buyers, in any country, in any language in the world. All 1 9 5 of them.